All the yummyness of your favorite carrot cake, but in bar form! These Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting are easy to make, and disappear even faster!
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (6 ounces) carrot baby food
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) applesauce baby food
- 1 container (3-1/2 ounces) apricot baby food
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and oil for 2 minutes. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. Add baby foods; mix well. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Frost; cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
- Top with chopped walnuts before cutting into bars