This homemade marble pound cake is a great, dense, made-from-scratch cake that will take care of both your, and your guests’, chocolate and vanilla cravings all at once.
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered malted chocolate milk mix (like Ovaltine)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about five minutes. Slowly add in the flour, and mix to combine. Don't over-mix!
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Slowly add into the batter and mix just until combined. Remove 1/3 of the batter from the bowl, and put into a separate bowl. Mix in the chocolate milk mixture until well combined.
- Place the vanilla batter into a tube pan that's been prepared with baking spray. Spread out evenly in the pan. Place spoonfuls of the chocolate batter all around the top of the vanilla batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the chocolate into the vanilla. Tap the pan several times on the counter to distribute batter and eliminate any gaps.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then invert onto serving tray.