These Hawaiian style Aloha Meatballs are sure to get the approval to anyone lucky enough to have them.
- 1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks, juices reserved
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ground beef, saltine cracker crumbs, onion, milk, egg, salt, and ginger in a large bowl. Mix well. Shape beef mixture into rounded tablespoons (I used my cookie scoop).
- Bake meatballs on a foil-lined pan for 15 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup of juice. Combine reserved juice, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, and soy sauce in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour the juice mixture into a skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs and pineapple chunks to the juice mixture, stirring occasionally until heated through.