A fun twist on an Italian classic, these Baked Chicken Parm Meatballs are a dinner that is ready in a snap, and will disappear even faster!
- 3 slices of bread
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 oz bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Soak the bread in the milk in a small bowl until it softens, about four minutes. Squeeze the bread to remove excess milk, then discard the milk.
- Fry the bacon, onion and garlic in a tablespoon of oil with 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a large skillet over medium heat until the onion softens, about 6 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl; add in ground chicken, tomato paste, the bacon mixture, bread, and the parsley. Mix everything until well combined.
- Place a scoop of the mixture in your hand. Before forming the meatball, place a piece of mozarella cheese in the center. Finish forming the meatball around the cheese.
- In a shallow dish combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Roll each meatball in Parmesan mixture until evenly coated, then place into baking dish.
- Place in the preheated oven until the meatballs are done and brown, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the oven and size of meatballs.