It takes a while to make this Chocolate Dream Cake, but is easy and oh so worth it! It is a HUGE hit at parties, summer barbecues, or any type of gathering!
- 2-1lb 5.2oz (or close) boxes of Duncan Hines Fudge Brownie mix - Use the 2 egg recipe and milk instead of water
- 4 cups chocolate mousse (see below)
- 1/8 Cup Kahlua
- 4 Cup whipped cream (see below)
- 2oz. semi-sweet chocolate, shaved
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 3.9oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 16oz COOL WHIP
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 325*.
- Mix brownies using 2 eggs recipe and milk not water.
- Line 2- 13x9" pans with wax paper. Grease bottom with oil or spray.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 24-26 minutes.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean. **DO NOT OVER COOK**
- Allow to cool completely. Remove one brownie, in one piece, from one pan.
- Turn the brownie upside down and return to pan. Brush the brownie with Kahlua.
- Spread 2 cups of the mousse (approximately) evenly over the brownie, then spread 2 cups (approximately) whipped cream over the mousse.
- Shave chocolate, then sprinkle top evenly with shavings.
- Remove second brownie from the other pan, brush with remaining Kahlua, and place on top of the first brownie. (This will cause a layer of the mousse and whipped cream to be in the middle of the two brownie slices).
- Repeat layers, first spreading the remaining mousse, then the remaining whipped cream and shavings.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup when ready to serve
- Combine heavy cream and sugar.
- Beat until peaks form, this sometimes takes awhile. Do not overbeat, as this will make butter!
- Prepare pudding using 1 1/2C milk not 2.
- Fold into cool whip until blended. Refrigerate.