These homemade chocolate covered cherry cordials are exactly what I was looking for: a luscious, syrupy cherry encased in dark chocolate.
- Maraschino Cherries-2 small jars
- 1 stick butter
- 6 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 lbs powdered sugar
- 12 oz melting chocolate ( use the best you can find, I recommend Ghirardelli)
- Mix all ingredients except the cherries and chocolate, into a soft dough
- Wrap each cherry in a ball of dough
- Freeze cherries for 1 hour
- Dip sugar dough wrapped cherries into melted chocolate
- Allow cherries to cool without touching on parchment paper
- Store cherries for 2 weeks for sugar to liquify with the cherry juice inside.