Do you love Kung Pao Chicken? This recipe is a healthier twist on the takeout classic, so there is no need to feel guilty if you have a craving. This recipe is also super fast and easy…so that craving may come on even more often!
- 1 lb. chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce + 2 tablespoons for sauce
- 4-6 fresh or dried red chilies
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- steamed rice or cauliflower ‘rice’, to serve
- Slice chicken into bite sized strips and place in a bowl with 1 tablespoon soy. Cover and stand for a few minutes or if possible refrigerate for a few hours but no longer than 24.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the chicken and chilies. Cook, stirring until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and add the additional 2 tablespoons soy sauce and the vinegar and stir well. Taste and add more soy or vinegar if you think it needs it.
- Serve chicken on a bed of rice or cauliflower rice with green onions sprinkled on top.