Outback Steakhouses Kookaburra Wings Recipe – Do you love Outback’s take on traditional buffalo chicken wings? With this recipe, you can make your own imitation of this appetizer dish at home!
- 10 chicken wing drummettes
- 48 oz shortening
- 2 Tbls all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbls Kraft Macaroni & Cheese cheddar cheese topping
- 1 ¼ tsp salta
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1 dash ground clove
- 2 Tbls Crystal Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tsp water
- bleu cheese dressing
- celery sticks
- Preheat 1 large can of shortening, or 6 to 10 cups of vegetable oil (use the amount required by your fryer), to 350°F
- Make the spiced breading for your wings by combining the wing coating ingredients (flour through clove) in a medium bowl. Stir well. Dip each wing, one at a time into the breading. Give each one a light coating of the mixture.
- Arrange the breaded wings on a plate and let them sit uncovered in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to allow the coating to adhere to the wings.
- When the oil is hot, cook the wings. Fry for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the wings are brown and cooked through.
- While the wings are frying, mix the hot sauce and water together in a small bowl. When the wings are done, drain on paper towels or a rack. Drop the hot wings into a large plastic container with a lid. Pour the sauce over the wings. Cover the freshly ground and shake it to coat the wings with sauce.
- Use tongs to remove the wings from the container. Arrange them on a plate with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.