Chocolate and peanut butter, two flavors that are meant to go together. And what better way to combine them than making up some scrumptious Peanut Butter Blondies With Chocolate Ganache.
- 2 unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Ganache ingredients:
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan, then line bottom of pan with parchment paper and butter parchment.
- Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until mixture is light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the sea salt and peanut butter and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in whole eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Reduce mixer sped to low, then mix in flour until just combined. Do not over mix.
- With a large spoon, fold in chocolate chips
- Spread batter in baking pan, even out the top. The batter will be very think and heavy.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until they turn a deep golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out almost clean, only a few wet 'crumbs' should stick. Cool completely in pan on a rack, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a heat proof bowl and set aside.
- Heat the cream in a medium saucepan.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Heat to just Below a boil and pour over the chocolate.
- Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Stir until all the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth and satiny.
- Pour over the cooled bars and spread evenly.
- Chill the bars in the refrigerator until the ganache has set.