This Roasted Eggplant Dip is the easiest, tastiest, and most healthy appetizer you can make for any party! Naturally gluten free and low carb, you don’t have to feel bad if you can’t stop eating it.
Yield6 - 8
- 2 medium eggplant
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice*
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced*
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, optional
- Prick each eggplant several times using a fork. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil eggplants for 2 minutes on each side in the oven. Once browned, turn off broiler leaving eggplant in oven at 375°F. Roast eggplant for 30 minutes until soft then remove to cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt in bowl.
- Cut cooled eggplant lengthwise, drain liquid, scoop out flesh, and add to bowl. Mash ingredients together with a fork until smooth or blend in food processor.
- Stir in parsley & drizzle with olive oil, if desired. Serve at room temperature with your favorite crackers, vegetables, in a sandwich or wrap!